Friday, August 1, 2014

Colored Pencils and Ferrets! What's that all about?

I guess this is as good a way to introduce myself as any.  My name is Tammi Myers and I am a Kindergarten Teacher in Texas.  I call my kids (the ones at school not the home ones) the Feisty Ferrets.

If you are a ferret lover you probably recognized my adorable Rex (in the circle) as a ferret. You probably also noted that the paw prints around my blog are cute-- but not those of a ferret. (Don't blame me-- I looked-- I really did.  If you are a graphic designer and stumble on my blog this is a really unveiled hint)

If you are not a ferret lover then I have to explain how kindergarten students and ferrets are the same...

  • they look extremely innocent (and in both cases it can be deceptive)
  • they are sometimes attracted to small portable objects and will abscond with them if allowed to
  • when they play- they play hard
  • when they sleep-- they sleep hard
  • they on occasion don't do their business where they should (and yes-- I do mean that business)
And most importantly
  • they are amazing and wonderful and I am glad they are in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment